About this course
1. Introduction to Node.js:
- Understand the basics of Node.js, including its architecture and event-driven, non-blocking I/O model.
- Learn how to set up Node.js on your machine and run your first "Hello, World!" program.
2. Core Modules and NPM:
- Explore built-in Node.js modules like fs (file system), http, and path.
- Understand how to manage dependencies and packages using Node Package Manager (NPM).
3. Asynchronous Programming:
- Learn about asynchronous operations, callbacks, promises, and async/await to handle I/O efficiently.
- Understand the importance of non-blocking operations and how to avoid callback hell.
4. Express.js Framework:
- Dive into Express.js, a popular web application framework for Node.js.
- Learn about routing, middleware, handling requests and responses, and building APIs.
5. RESTful APIs:
- Explore the principles of designing and building RESTful APIs using Express.js.
- Learn about HTTP methods, status codes, request and response formats, and API documentation.
- Understand how middleware works in Express.js to handle tasks such as authentication, logging, and error handling.
- Learn how to write custom middleware and use third-party middleware.
7. Database Integration:
- Connect Node.js applications to databases like MongoDB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Learn about object-document mapping (ODM) and object-relational mapping (ORM) libraries.
8. Authentication and Authorization:
- Implement user authentication and authorization using packages like Passport.js.
- Learn about JWT (JSON Web Tokens) for token-based authentication.
9. Real-time Applications:
- Explore real-time features using libraries like Socket.io for creating websockets and bidirectional communication.
10. File Uploads and Downloads:
- Learn how to handle file uploads and downloads in Node.js using libraries like Multer.
11. Error Handling and Debugging:
- Understand strategies for error handling and debugging in Node.js applications.
- Explore tools like Node.js Debugger and logging libraries.
12. Performance and Scaling:
- Study techniques for optimizing Node.js applications for performance, including caching, clustering, and load balancing.
13. Security Best Practices:
- Learn about common security vulnerabilities in Node.js applications and how to prevent them.
- Explore practices for securing API endpoints and data.
14. Unit Testing and Integration Testing:
- Learn about testing frameworks like Mocha and Jest for writing unit and integration tests.
- Understand how to use tools like Chai and Supertest for assertions and API testing.
15. Server Deployment:
- Explore options for deploying Node.js applications to various hosting platforms, including cloud providers.
16. Build Tools:
- Learn about build tools like Webpack and Gulp to manage and bundle your application's assets.
Mastering these Node.js topics will equip you with the skills to develop scalable, efficient, and maintainable server-side applications. Keep in mind that hands-on practice and continuous learning are essential for becoming proficient in Node.js development.